Children with ADHD may have difficulties at school, at play, and at home. These problems can be compounded if they don’t get enough sleep.
Tips For Better Sleep
No matter how old you are, a regular bedtime routine helps prepare you for sleep. All children, particularly those with ADHD, transition better when they know what to expect. Here are a few more tips for better sleep:
- Make sure your bedtime is right — not too early, but not too late. Stick to it every night, and try to get up at the same time every morning.
- Try a soothing bath just before bedtime.
- Keep television, electronic games, and gadgets out of the bedroom.
- Children may benefit from a comforting object, like a stuffed animal, hug pillow ( Oh, I love this ! ) or a night light.
- Bedtime stories can help children relax and calm themselves. ( We follow this for pat 5 years … My son Mithu really enjoys this moment )