Holy Name : Sri Kalugasalamoorthy Temple
God : Sri Kalugasala Moorthi ( Sri Murugan )
Goddess : Sri Valli, Sri Deivanai
Location : Kalugumalai, Tuticorin District, Tamil Nadu, India
History & Importance :
- Lord Muruga gives darsan here with six hands, but one head.
- Unlike in other temples, the images of Valli and Devasena in standing posture are installed opposite to Murugan, instead of the places right and left to him.
- The walls are adorned with the carvings of beautiful figures.
- Famous rock cut temple.
- Gods like Ramar,Anumar, Karudalvar were finely carved on 108 pillars.
- Famous for Saiva – Vaishnava relation.
- One of the three temples where Lord Murugan is west facing.
Benefits: Guru Mangala temple, Gives marriage and children, Relief from Sevaai Dosa, Guru Dosa.